Travel is an activity that every single person has to assume at one point or another; It does not matter what the purpose of travel is, or whether the journey is local or international. Many people actually look forward to traveling to other parts of the world for different reasons and purposes, including but not limited to business, tourism, vacation, pilgrimage, education and medical care.
Euphoria traveling outside one's domain usually comes with many preparations, and more often than not, many resources are used to ensure that the journey actually takes place; and it concerns the acquisition of an international passport, medical examinations (where relevant), expensive visa handling fees, flight bookings and hotel reservation.
Many people will do everything possible to realize their international travel ambitions. And to be very honest here, international travel is actually fun and something to look forward to. Travel, especially international travel, is a form of education for travelers, as they have the opportunity to see new environments, meet new people and learn how things are done elsewhere.
International travel gives travelers a lot of options regardless of their original purpose of travel. These include business opportunities, educational opportunities, employment opportunities and even marriage opportunities. Unfortunately, however, only these and many other options, as these (would be) travelers are seeing. They seem to be ignorant or worry less about the risks embedded in international travel so they do not take steps to limit such risks.
At this point you may be tempted to ask the question: "What are the risks associated with international travel?" Very good question. Just read on as most of these risks are discussed in the following sections.
Risks associated with international travel
As interesting, fun, fun, profitable and educational as international travel, they may also come with their own disadvantages – the risks – just like every other thing in life. And fortunately for travelers, most of these risks can be transferred to professional travel insurance companies by purchasing travel insurance – also called "travel insurance" or "travel insurance".
These international travel risks are numerous and varied and include but not limited to:
- Sudden disease in the country of destination requiring emergency medical attention and / or hospitalization.
- Injury in an accident leading to personal injuries, temporary or permanent invalidity or death
- Loss of checked baggage
- Loss of valuable items such as international passports, driving licenses, national identity cards, etc.
- Personal Obligations Abroad
- Emergency Cases
- Arrested by law enforcement agencies requiring bail and legal defense
Another question that may be questioned at this time is: "Are travel insurance covered by all the above risks? " And the answer is a big YES, and so much more.
Covers and benefits under the major travel insurance policies
Below is a list of most of the covers and benefits offered by travel insurance – depending on the providers. So next time you buy a travel insurance, look for these covers and benefits.
- Medical expenses and admission abroad
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Repatriation after treatment
- Emergency care
- Repatriation of family member traveling with the insured
- Travel of an immediate family member
- Necessary home after Death of close relative
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains
- Medical Assistance
- Legal Assistance
- Previous Services
- International General Assistance
- Abroad Information Assistance for Baggage and Passport
- Supplies of Medicines
- Legal Defense
- Advance of Bail Bond
- Hijacking in Public Transport
- Loss of Passport, Driving License, National Identity Card Abroad
- Compensation for Lost In-Flight of Check-In Luggage
- Compensation for Late Arrival Compensation of luggage
- Delayed Departure
- Placement and forwarding of luggage and personal effects.
- A Death Crime
- Permanent Disability
- Personal Civil Liability
- Travel Cancellation Expenses
Risks not Covered by Travel Insurance Policies
Having talked about covering and distributing, It is also important to consider the risks that are not covered by most of these policies as listed below:
- Participation in criminal acts or as a result of his / her fraudulent, seriously negligent or inconsiderate actions, including those insured in a state of deterioration or under psychiatric treatment costs for which they themselves are excluded.
- Natural phenomena that flood earthquakes, landslides, volcanic eruptions , atypical cyclonic storms, falling objects from space and aeroliths, and generally any extraordinary atmospheric, meteorological, seismic or geological phenomenon, any other form of natural disaster
- Events resulting from terrorism, myth or crowd disturbances
- Events or actions of the armed forces or peacekeeping forces
- War with or without prior declaration and any conflicts or international intervention by force or force or military operations, regardless of type.
- Participation in betting, challenges or brawl, in case of legitimate defense or necessity
- Occurrent illness or injury  Participation in competitions, sports and preparation or training tests
- Motorcycle racing, horseback riding, climbing, potting boxing, wrestling in any form of martial arts, martial arts, skydiving, ballooning, free falling, gliding and general sports or recreational activities that are known to be dangerous.
- Participation in competitions or tournaments organized by sports federations or similar organizations.
- Dangerous winter and / or summer sports such as skiing and
- Occupational accidents
- International and locally recognized epidemics.
- Diseases or injuries resulting from chronic illnesses or those existing prior to policy start date
- Death or damage caused by suicide or attempted suicide or self-inflicted injury.
- Disease, injury or pathological conditions caused by alcohol, drugs, poisonous drugs, drugs or micicins acquired without prescription and any form of mental illness or mental imbalance
- Disease or injury caused by pregnancy and childbirth or complications or voluntary termination of pregnancy
Where to Buy Travel Insurance
Travel insurance can be purchased online – and there are many travel insurance companies that can buy from. All you have to do is find your preferred provider and fill out the online form or questionnaire and make your payment and the policy is made available to you for instant printing or sent to your email address.
You can also buy travel insurance offline from a local insurance company or travel agent. Whichever form of purchase you choose, you can be sure that you will be fully protected against insurance risks for insurance.
Using Your Travel Insurance
Once you have purchased your travel insurance, whether purchased through the supplier's online portal, at a travel agency or through a local insurance company, make sure that You do not forget to take the document with you during the trip. This is so important because you may be required to produce the relevant document by relevant bodies.
You must pay special attention to your policy number (if possible copy the number elsewhere) as it will be necessary for service providers to identify you when you call them for assistance.
Another thing you should note on your travel insurance or police document are the Assistance Company's phone numbers, you'll call when you need help. These numbers are always conspicuously written on the travel document – so please note them.
You should endeavor to read as much of the document as possible to understand the delivered tires, terms and conditions of the policy as exclusions. And more importantly, when you claim your policy, be honest and avoid any fraudulent practices.
Summary and Conclusion
There are other benefits that travel insurance provides, which can not be exhaustively discussed here. But after reading the few benefits discussed above, you will agree that travel insurance is really a necessity for a successful journey. So next time you are planning an international trip, the purchase of a travel insurance is highly prioritized. It's quite affordable and everyone can buy it. Peace in mind and the protection it will afford you is enormous.